It's that time of the year again. Advent - the 6 weeks preceeding Christmas is absolutely the most lovely time of the year. The malls are so pretty and the music so jolly!
I feel so nostalgic thinking of the year that is almost past.
There's so much to be thankful for in 2009.
1. Reuben got married to a wonderful girl! Joseph and Joy-Anne love their kim kim. In fact, Joe says that when he grows up, he wants to marry a girl like kim kim - pretty on the outside, beautiful on the inside; has a good heart and loves Jesus.
2. Joseph completed his first year of formal education.I've lost count of the number of times he came home not in his uniform because he threw up in school, either because he cried or because he was not too well.
But I'm certainly proud of my student of the year!
3. We had a lovely 8-week-vacation in Melbourne. God's providence was so evident!
4. I started serving in church again after a hiatus of about 5 years. DUMC started a toddler ministry called Little Lambs (select July-August 2009 issue, page 8) and Pastor Nancy got me on board. After being in the backseat for a few years, it's nice to feel needed and useful again. Even though Edwin and I miss serving in Worship/Music Ministry and I miss the dance, we agree that Children's Ministry is the place to be right now. It's convenient for us and beneficial to our kids.
Floodgates May-June 2009 issue, page 13
5. We took our first step towards becoming official members of DUMC. All this while our membership is still with Seremban Wesley even though we worship there not more than twice a year. This year, we sat for and passed the Basic Doctrine test that qualifies us to attend Baptism and Membership Weekend (BMEW) which is a requirement to membership.
6. We got through the year in fairly good health! I'm so thankful that we have healthy parents and happy families. Good health is beyond priceless!
I feel so blessed to never be in want. So the bottom of our Christmas tree may be bare, but we're full of the joy of the Lord. I couldn't think of anything I would want for Christmas..... well maybe except that Joy-Anne ditches her diapers. That would be a wonderful end to a wonderful year!