Friday, July 03, 2009

Barcelona - Nou Camp

How could I visit Barcelona without seeing the Nou Camp (official stadium of Barcelona Football Club)? So I skived off some of the conference sessions and took a walk to the Nou Camp, which was just about 20 minutes walk away. Apart from Nou Camp, there's nothing else that interests me in Barcelona; old churches etc. don't interest me.

Saw this tourist bus on the way. Costs about 20 something euros. Nope! Not gonna part with my money that way!



So, after 20 minutes of walking, I arrived at the Nou Camp. It's HUGE! Real HUGE! Can imagine the atmosphere here when Man. Utd. won the Champs League in 1999. However, the sad thing is that the whole stadium is fenced up, and so I could only take photos from the outside.













Before I left, I saw this bunting, and I liked it a lot and found it to be very meaningful, making a difference in the lives of these children. By having UNICEF as their shirt sponsor, Barca have given up a lot financially as they could have easily had gotten a much richer sponsor. Though I'm sad that they beat Man Utd in the Champs League final, I like what they are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Man Utd shall win in the coming season :-)

    Glory Glory Man Utd!!!

    ReplyDelete