Saturday, May 22, 2010

Run for the Nation 2010

So this morning, I took part in the Run for the Nation. It's a prayer relay run covering the entire Klang Valley. This is the second time it's held and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

All pictures below taken by Joseph (except for the one pic that has Joe in it).


A quick briefing before starting the run.


The sky was really gloomy. Or cloudy if you're optimistic.


Mama and the princess. She gladly said goodbye and didn't cling to me.


I'm glad we could bring the kids along. It was a good exprience for them.


Joe buckled his sister up in the car.



The weather was pretty kind.


...until it rained. And then it poured!

We continued running in the rain, skipping over puddles and being careful with some slippery surfaces. My shoes were all squishy and I was covered in more rain water than sweat. Drenched from head to toe, we took longer than earlier anticipated because of the rain. Nevertheless, it was a good run and I was very surprised to find that I was not at all panting, nor tired at the end of it. 

I will certainly want to participate next year. And bring the kids along again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment