Thursday, January 28, 2010

Father and Son time at Ikea

Daalin brought Joseph out to Ikea for father-and-son-time yesterday. We usually let him pick where he wants to go. Sometimes it's Midvalley, sometimes it Sunway Pyramid, but yesterday he picked Ikea.
He went to Smaland by himself. Now that he's older, he's no longer afraid to go all by himself.

They had dinner at Ikea. Joseph said it was a yummy buffet.

I've no idea what else they did but Joseph came home a very happy boy.
Before going to bed, he prayed and thanked God for a wonderful father-and-son-time. I'm glad that Daalin picked up this habit from Pastor Chris Kam who takes each of his 3 sons out once a week, one-on-one. Despite his busy schedule, he sets time aside for his 3 sons. Now that the eldest is in his late teens, he still tells his father everything.

I hope Joseph will also grow up to be close to us, and will be able to confide in us. Just this few days, had a few 'chats'. He tells me about his day in school, what he learns, where he goes and what he does. And then he will ask me about my day.

I'm sure this is what God desires of us....to spend time with Him and chat. Parenting gives me so much insight into the Father Heart of God.

5 comments:

  1. yay for Daalin!!
    what about mother and son time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a very good habit..it is our desire too to have our kids being able to confide in us in everything..
    i am hoping my darling would also pick up this habit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly i am amazed by your faith in God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous...I don't think the Ikea near me has a ball room. They have a pretty small kids area and I thought that all Ikeas look the same.

    But good for the father and son time :-) If you are looking for Ikea Gift Cards or Ikea Coupons then click those blue links submit your email and you will be on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous...I don't think the Ikea near me has a ball room. They have a pretty small kids area and I thought that all Ikeas look the same.

    But good for the father and son time :-) If you are looking for Ikea Gift Cards or Ikea Coupons then click those blue links submit your email and you will be on your way!

    ReplyDelete