Monday, July 19, 2010

A Different Kind of Punishment

Yesterday, Joseph encountered another episode of disobedience.

Before leaving him at Little Lamb, I specifically told him that I did not want him crawling (like a lion!) on the floor. Since he is one of the older children, I explained to him that he should be setting a good example for the younger ones.

But.... crawl he still did.

A couple of weeks ago, his punishment was to stand outside (for a few minutes) when we got home. Since he wanted to behave like an animal, I told him animals live outside.

I guess the punishment did not etch itself deeply enough into his memory and he was at it again.

So yesterday, I made him write "I will not crawl on the floor" 10 times. I gave him a time limit and told him that if he didn't finish when time was up, he had to write another 5 times. He day-dreamed and gave so much nonsense that he earned himself another 5 lines of writing. I've told him that the next time he does it, he'll be writing 100 times. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. wow... u r so strict....
    when i scold jovie, or saying NO to her loud, she would look at me, angrily, and cry out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete