Monday, August 17, 2009

Reuben gets hitched!

My brother got married over the weekend. Joseph is so happy to have a 'kim kim'!

Leading up to the wedding, I helped my brother make a photobook out of all the lovely pre-wedding photos he had. I picked http://www.thedigibook.com/ because they are one of few that offer it in A3size and they had the most reasonable price. I had previously used them before and encountered no problems. So I uploaded the book and ordered it on 28 July 2009.

Ten days later (as stated in their website), there was still no sign of the book. I emailed them. No response. I emailed them again and again. Still no response.
Finally I googled their phone number (because it's not on the website) and asked my sister-in-law in Singapore to call them. This was on Wednesday - 3 days before the wedding. The book was still in the office and they promised to courier it that day so that I would receive it on Thursday.

On Thursday 13 August 2009....17 days after I ordered the book (and one week overdue), there was no sign of the book. This time I called them up myself. The book was still sitting in their office in Singapore! I gave them a good scolding. The lady even had the cheek to tell me to pay extra express courier charges. Seems they have no sense of time.

Finally, I told them, "Call up this number, and arrange to take it to my sister-in-law's place right NOW!"
So my sister-in-law got the book that night itself, and they brought it with them to Seremban on Friday, and straight to the wedding on Saturday.
RM178.90 worth of stress

The photobook aside, we had a lovely wedding.
All dressed up in the theme colour (purple again!), we took the opportunity to take family photos.

I'm happy to report that Joseph and Joy-Anne performed perfectly. They walked straight down the aisle looking cute and happy!
Joy-Anne in her RM75 dress with self-added sash and roses.


Joseph wore the same suit that he did at my sister's wedding last year. But I had to release the 5-6cm of length that I hemmed up last year, and I didn't fold his sleeve this year. I made a purple bow tie for him.
And of course he proudly carried the ring pillow that I hand-made with tonnes of love and care.


We had a full house, starting right on time at 2pm.



It was a short and sweet ceremony.


And Reuben is a very happy man to have such a lovely bride!


Daalin and Danny were tasked with counting and guarding the loot. With my cousin's (a very experienced wedding planner) help, they did it very efficiently and quickly.



After the ceremony, we went upstairs for the tea ceremony, after which Joy-Anne had to recharge her batteries.

Joseph fell asleep in the car on the way to Bukit Jalil Golf Resort and continued recharging his batteries in the ballroom while waiting for the dinner to start.



After he was fully recharged, he had a blast with his cousins at the next table. We managed to get a decent photograph of the 5 boys.


I was quite impressed with the balloon decorations. Intially when my brother said he wanted it all decorated with just balloons, I thought he must be mad. But it turned out to be really tasteful and unique.

Joanne looked absolutely lovely and radiant in her ballgown. Joy-Anne also changed into a dress that yee yee bought from USA.
Joanne's gown rental cost RM180. Joy-Anne's dress has a original price tag of USD100 from Neiman Marcus. Yee Yee paid USD15. It's a size 4T.


We hung around to take photos after all the guests had left.
By the time we got home, it was past midnight and the kids (having slept in the car) were recharged again. They were very alert and jumping on the bed till almost 2am.


And then they woke up at 7am on Sunday morning! Duracell rabbits...
I made them nap in the afternoon before we left for Ipoh at about 4pm. Joanne's family had a small dinner at Restaurant Kok Thai in Ipoh Garden last night.


Joy-Anne was very very busy. Here....she's trying to stuff cabbage down her dress.


Joe had a good time being entertained by Yee Yee.


The food was good and abundant. But more importantly, we had a good time as a family. The Lord has been so good to us. I know my parents are very happy and certainly feel very blessed looking at our growing family.


Hopefully, we'll have a new made-in-USA addition next year. My mom is already dreaming of it...

1 comment:

  1. Pa to Becca, Pris and Reuben17 August, 2009 22:30

    I am so very, very proud and estatic! The Lord has been good!

    ReplyDelete