Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Zuup Bar @ 1U

I was out with Daalin for our weekly date last night. Being a bit sick of the Midvalley scene, we decided to brave the traffic (which is now not as bad since Ramadan is over) to 1Utama.

Once there, we were not quite sure where to go, what to eat. I was thinking of Laksam so we strolled over to Laksa Shack. On the way there, we passed by Zuup Bar and I stopped to stare at their huge "Buy1 Free1" poster. The deal was Buy1Free1 on soups and pastas from 4pm to 8pm. It was 7.45pm. So we went in, sat down and quickly ordered.

I'd read about this place but never tried it because I thought paying 10bucks for a bowl of soup was pretty pricey. But Zuup Bar did not disappoint me last night. In fact, it has been a long time since I was so pleased with dinner that I'm still thinking about it the next day.

Since I did not bring our camera, I have to 'borrow' some photos from another blogger who seems to have taken much better photos than I would have taken myself.

We had the seafood bisque...
... and the New England Clam Chowder (no photo). The soups come in different sizes. This photo shows the medium sized bowl (RM9.90) which comes with very fragrant garlic bread. The free soup has to be one size smaller (RM5.90 if it ain't free). The largest size is in a huge bread bowl (RM10.90 or RM11.90...can't remember) which you can eat! It should be very filling.

The New England Clam Chowder was pretty good. Thick, creamy with generous amounts of 'stuff' in the soup.
The Seafood Bisque was also tasty with a good amount of seafood.

I ordered the Chicken Lasagne (RM15.90) - it was good. Not too rich. The bowl was pretty small at first glance but it filled me up nicely. I had to donate a piece of garlic bread to Daalin so that I wouldn't be too full.

Daalin had this.... Angel Hair pasta with Roast Chicken (RM16.90).
He quite liked it. Despite the seamingly-meagre portion in comparison to the size of the humongus plate, Daalin was very full when he was done.

Our total bill - RM29.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment