It's been exactly a week since we got home. I'm still trying to get adjusted to life back home and am very surprised it's taking so long compared to how I adjusted to Melbourne so quickly.
Actifed is still my best friend, although on a lower dosage.
I never imagined I would miss Melbourne this much. It's depressingly crazy! I've been trying to make a list of all the things I didn't like about Melbourne so that I wouldn't be thinking of all the things I don't like about Malaysia.
- weather sucks. The kids have reddish spots (like rashes) on the neck, armpits, groin. Joy's bum has been reddish all week. She is perpetually scratching her head which is dripping with sweat.
- the air is bad. I have yet to see a spot of blue sky since getting home. Joseph woke me up at 5am this morning to pray for him because he was screaming "my nose is blocked! I cannot breathe!!!"
- I cannot stand the haphazard parking and reckless driving in here in Bolehland.
- I don't like carpet floors.
- Most houses have only 1 bathroom/bedroom.
- toilets have no draining holes. How do people wash toilets?
- the houses (at least those we lived in) have silly small sinks with taps so low, it's impossible to wash pots.
The list makes me even more depressed because the things in Australia that I don't like - I can change it if it's my own house. But I can't change the things in Malaysia that I don't like - I can't change!!!
My grandma asked if we're moving to Melbourne. She said she'll miss my kids if we go. So I told her that I'll wait till after she dies. My Children's Pastor loves us too much to let us go now. Joseph loves his kindy and it's doing him good.
So I guess we'll still be here for now... unless God opens a door somewhere.