Sunday, October 11, 2009

long tiring weekend

What a weekend! It flew by in a blink of an eye.

I had set my alarm for 5.30am on Saturday morning. But Joy woke up on her own at 5am! I left her on the bed while I got a drink, fixed some breakfast (for the journey) and then went back to feed her milk.

Joseph woke up at about 6am. I love how his bowels work! I tell him to poo at 6am, he poos at 6am. If I tell him to poo at 7am, he poos at 7am!

We left the house at about 6.40am.

Neither kid wanted to sleep even though I expected them to.
We arrived at Kuantan Wesley Methodist Church at about 9.50am. Just enough time to freshen up, change the kids, put on shoes and find a seat.

Dr Kuan is a long time friend since my teenage days. I'm so glad he has found a lovely lady to grow old with.

After the lunch reception and some chit-chatting with other friends, we drove back to KL and went straight to church.

Joe napped for over an hour and Joy slept for 2 hours on the way back. I'm so thankful for such easy-going kids. And of course for a wonderful husband who did all the driving and still had energy to sweep and mop the floor at night.

Joe says this is how he mix angry and funny face together

This morning, they got up, and we went straight to church...again. I had my Little Lamb duty so while I went to get the place ready, Edwin and my mum fed them breakfast in the concourse.

I think Joe was quite tired. After the afternoon nap, he declined our offer to take him out to the park prefering instead to sit on the sofa and watch tv. So I took Joy and went to pasar malam with my mum while Joe sat at home dishing out homework to his father.
Got to hit the sack now....good night!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know everything went so well. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. were u the best dressed family again? everyone in blue. i really, really like Joy's dress!!!
    :-)
    and the firstborn gets to sit in the front seat! yay!
    that's how i learned to drive like Pa; by sitting in the front seat.
    i also learned to pray and put all my trust God when i was in the front seat (when Pa's driving).
    LOL!!!!

    Joe has the best set of teeth!!
    Good job Mama Dentist!

    ReplyDelete