Saturday, January 31, 2009

30-something at long last

I'm now officially 30-something. 31 years and 1 day to be exact. On the ox-picious day that I turned 31, I had the luxury of indulging in my favourite past-time - window shopping!!! It's window shopping because I don't have cash to burn.
So I spent the morning getting my hair trimmed. It was starting to stick out at the ends and I couldn't stand the untidy look. I'm a slob when it comes to grooming but I still want my hair neat (and my men's hair short!).
The rest of the day was spent window shopping and playing with Joseph at Ikea and the Curve. We got home at about 5pm, and then went out again to Midvalley Megamall for dinner at Chili's.
Chili's is synonymous with celebrations in our family, thanks to CIMB which offers RM50 vouchers for only 8500 credit card points.
this is probably our first photo as a family eating together.
We took some photos while waiting for the food and also before messing up the food.


Joe : doesn't papa look handsome like me?


getting my sugar fix

Nana had Fish 'n Chips (chips substituted with mash potatoes so that Joy could eat) and Joanne had a Quesadilla Explosion.


Joy-Anne had macaroni and cheese from the kids menu (Kids eat free!) but she helped herself to my mash potatoes.


She thoroughly enjoyed feeding herself and playing with her food.

Then she fed me....
...and Nana too...
And Joseph fed her...

...and himself...
it was a feeding party!


After clearing out the food, we got down to the cake.

Both kids wanted to pull at the cake box ribbon.
How many hands does it take to open one cake box?

Happy Birthday to mama!!!
While we ate the cake, Joy-Anne just wanted to climb around... have to show off some samseng-ness mah....
Then when we asked for the bill, the waiter saw the cake and said that the birthday girl can actually get a free cake on the house. So I said "sure!!!" and Joe got to blow another round of candle. Before going home, we had to detour to ToysRus because when we got to Midvalley, Joe said he wanted to go to the toy shop. I said, "but you already have so much toys at home!" And he said, "No.....just look only. Not buy." So I told him we could go after dinner.
We needed the post-makan walk anyway. And Joy-Anne was so happy to climb around.
Joseph found a female friend at ToysRus and they ran around screaming and chasing each other. Girls these days are really not quite ladylike.

I was really tired when I finally got into bed. But it was certainly a very blessed birthday. Nothing beats being spending time with people you love.


2 comments:

  1. You don't look 31 at all! Compare with your high school pics, I think you look like you could be in your early 20s. :) So is your DH! There must be some super secret that you can eat 'the way' you eat, and slim down that much. Keep up the good work! By the time you're a grandma, maybe then you'll look like you're in your thirties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chee!
    Sorry I couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete