Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Absent from school

Joe was absent from school yesterday (Monday, 12 January 2009). He wasn't feeling very well since Sunday night. I think he was just very tired from the long week and also the long busy weekend we had. He had a runny nose and was coughing so I didn't think it was a good idea to share his germs with all his friends in school.
He was very happy to stay at home. Not lethargic at all. Except for that drippy nose.
So I made him switch off the tv after breakfast and we had some study time. I taught him to tell the time. Thus far, he can tell when it's 'something-o'clock'.
After that, we made a pinniata for Joy-Anne's party. He was very excited even though it's not his party. So he helped me tear up pieces of paper to soak and then wrap them over a balloon.Then he helped me to apply glue on the second later of paper. Later, we decorated it and made a smiley face on the balloon-shaped pinniata.

In the midst of all that, I was talking to my mum and talking about how to seal the opening after filling it with sweets. When he heard the word "sweet", he turned around at me and said, "Hey.....sweets are not good. You said cannot eat sweets!"
Ahh....yes dear, you're right. Sweets are not good.

When we were done from the pinniata, Joe showed me a song he learnt from school.

Actually, we've already taught him this again and again a long time ago and he knows it but wouldn't do sing it properly. The teacher taught him just once and he does it so happily.
Today, I gave him a dose of polaramine and packed him off to school. He started crying when I put his shoes on for him. I hope he doesn't throw up on his teacher again.

No comments:

Post a Comment