Sunday, January 18, 2009

To celebrate a One-derful year of love, life and blessings

A year ago, we welcomed our princess into this world. It's been a great year and we wanted to celebrate! About 30plus family, friends and neighbours crammed into our little humble abode to celebrate with us.

I ordered a number 1-shaped cake from cakecupboard. It looked rather sweet. I added her name and the 'Happy Birthday' sign myself.

After singing a few songs, Jackson, our cg leader prayed and then we sang "Happy Birthday" before everyone helped themselves to the food.



I was especially thankful because just 2 nights ago, Joy-Anne suddenly got so sick that I feared she might not see her 1st birthday. She is actually still unwell, having had runny nose and on-off fever since Tuesday (today is the 6th day!).

That's why she looks so grumpy and skinny in all the pictures. She was 10.3kg a week ago but I'm pretty sure she's lost some weight.

Even though she has been refusing to eat and drink, she did eat some of Aunty Cathy's very yummy chicken porridge and also her birthday cake.


AhKu (also known as Billy the Clown) did a magic show for the kids and adults too.


After that, all the children took their turn and trying to break the pinnata.


When all the guests had left, Joseph said, "Can I help Joy-Anne open her presents?" And before I could say anything, he ripped open all her presents and then helped himself to playing with her new toys.

She did look very cute pushing this dolly trolley.
I'm just so very thankful for how she's grown and for having her to complete our family!

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed the food (even though i had a sore throat) & performance by 'billy'. Joy-Anne looks so sweet in her 'birthday' dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you also sorethroat ahh.... I think it's a horrible bug going around.

    Thanks to Aunty Hui Wearn for the sweet dress. I did stitch 2 buttons so that the neckline wasn't so low. But it's a perfect size. I like it oversized and ankle-length.

    ReplyDelete