Monday, January 21, 2013

A Royal Rainbow Affair - Joy-Anne turns 5 in style!

My princess no.1 turned 5 last Friday. Five years!!! And I can still clearly remember the day I gave birth to her. We did the customary celebration in school for her on Thursday 17th January. It was a very simple jelly cake.
On her actual birthday, she had even simpler, very tiny cake. We had explained to her that because we had cellgroup, we couldn't do a big celebration. She was understanding and had no complains. In fact, she was very excited anticipating all the aunties and uncles arrival sing "happy birthday" to her.
Then on Sunday 20th January, we had a proper party for her. At her request, it was a Rainbow Princess Party - to the best of my ability.
I bought fairy tutus and tiaras and made star wands for all the girls. The boys got bubble swords and a rainbow pencil.
Aunty Su Yin kindly helped with the food labels.
This was the most popular food item that night - Ah Mah's homemade siew pau.
While I bought most of the other food, I did cook one item - pasta.
The cake - we had a Oreo Crunch Mille Crepe from Vanilla Cakes. This is currently Joy's favourite.
Apart from a couple of games, I set up this Royal Rainbow throne....
All the princesses had a turn on the throne to take a picture. Here's my princess with her presents.
And this is the princess with her prince.
After the party, Joy came up to me and said, "Thank you mum for the party. I'm very happy today". Blessed Birthday Joy...we pray you will grow up to know Jesus, love Him...serve Him...and walk with Him faithfully all the days of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment