Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Pig-out at Nambawan

With restaurants everywhere serving exorbitant turkey meals for Christmas, we decided to pig out at a very porky place.

Nambawan sounded like a Thai or Indonesian restaurant initially before I read somewhere that it means 'Number One'.

We tried the Pork Burger (RM6.90). It's full of 100% babi-goodness - tender and juicy.


Pork Sausages (RM13.90)


Stone-charbroiled Pork Belly (RM13.90)


Roast Pork Belly (RM13.90) - topped with fried pig skin. Mmmmm....yum yum!


BBQ Pork Ribs (RM28.80) - served with salad and fries on a separate plate.


Joe is not quite a meaty person so I got him a carbonara pasta (RM13.90).

He fed himself with no problems.


Daalin particularly liked the sausages and pork burger. I liked the pork burger too.
It was a simple satisfying lunch. But the place is not posh nor fine-dining kind. I guess this helps to keep the prices down. I would go back especially for the cheap and good pork burger.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Wah, food looks glorious and so affordable too! Can I get the contact from you coz I have pork lovers in my family? The other pork burger I know of is Ninja Joe (I think you can still get disc if you bring Joe there becoz of his name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nambawan is at this place called Sri Manja, which is off Old Klang Road. google it.
    but it's not a fancy restaurant ya. air-con but not totally enclosed so it's not exactly cold. and expect to smell greasy when you leave.

    ReplyDelete