Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Joys and tribulations of parenting

Today I stumbled upon this blog by a lady named Dawn who has a pack of 6 kids between the ages of 1 and 12. I couldn't help laughing (like everyone else) while reading through her entries. It has certainly helped to put my parenting experience in perspective.
I thought Joseph was a hyperactive handful. But compared to her Spaz, Joseph is an angel. For instance this morning while we were in church, he said shee shee about half a dozen times over a duration of less than 2 hours (so I had to walk back and forth from the loo half a dozen times), shook the box of milk so that the contents sprayed all over the chairs and the people behind, threw his Barney bolster on the floor and then rolled on the floor and under the chairs while whining "I want to go home".
At home, he likes to feed himself which isn't a bad thing. But halfway through eating a banana, he will put the banana to his ear and say, "hello yee yee. Ok bye bye yee yee". And then he mashes the banana with his hand and rubs banana puree all over his face and hair. He does the same with fried rice, papaya, kiwi fruit, dragon fruit and anything else he gets on his hands. Well, I guess it's not that hard to just shower the kid as compared to washing yoghurt off the tv screen or butter off the carpet (which is why I don't use carpets).
Indeed, parenting....the days are long but the years are short!

No comments:

Post a Comment