Monday, May 07, 2012

cakes too pretty to eat

I got inspired looking at the 2 tins of butter cookies in my pantry.
So I dug out the magnets that I bought THREE YEARS AGO... (and had no idea what to do with them back then...)
I bought felt in many many colours...
Used disposable chopsticks (clean never-used-before-ones of course) to make candles...
I glued the magnets to the bottom of the candles so that they would 'stick' on the cake.
This is how I do the running stitch before pulling it tight to make ruffles for the icing around the 'cake'.
Then I made many many more 'cupcakes' using clear containers....topped them with some 'cream cheese icing' and 'strawberries'..
Now the kids are very happy with their new bakery!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! love them! maybe I can make some too with the pieces of felt that I have....

    ReplyDelete
  2. super like! wow....really artistic and talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one amazing mama! Really looks too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete