Monday, March 16, 2009

CG Retreat at OMF Bungalow, Cameron Highlands

Our long-awaited, much-anticipated CG retreat finally materialised last weekend at the very lovely OMF Bungalow in Cameron Highlands. This old but very well-kept bungalow is truly a gem, tucked away from the main Tanah Rata-Brinchang road. The serene surroundings make your burden and worries dissappear as soon as you step into the compound.
I dread the journey, but it is worth every winding bend up the mountain road.
We arrived early and had a picnic lunch in the garden, inhaling fresh cool mountain air. It was lovely to just soak in all that scenery. At 3.30pm, the bell rang and we went in for tea - yummy scones fresh out of the oven with home-made strawberry jam.
After tea, we had some telematch games. Joseph was very happy to participate.


Joy-Anne napped and then woke up refreshed to enjoy the swing.
I thought she looked so cute all bundled up.

Somehow she seems more cuddly and huggable with all those extra layers.
We stayed in cosy Room6 again. This is our third time at the bungalow and we've had Room6 every time.
It's large enough for extra mattresses on the floor and has it's own en-suite bathroom.
The kids were like birds out of a cage in those beautiful surroundings.


Joseph enjoyed running around and kicking a ball with the other boys. (They are kicking a tennis ball because the football rolled down the ravine and is lost forever).


Being up in the mountains always make me feel closer to God and the beauty of His creation reminds me of his great love.
It reminds me of how blessed I am and all the wonderful things (and people) I have to be thankful for.

The second night there, we had a steamboat dinner.

Mmmm.....what a lovely way to keep warm.

Mrs Chye, the caretaker cooked a very yummy soup that seemed like a cross between bak kut teh and the ngap thui meen (herbal duck noodle) soup.


I had a very relaxing time there. It's a real holiday. You don't have to think about what to eat, where to go, what to do. Just relax and enjoy. In fact, I did not leave the place from the time we arrived, till the time we left.
Joseph tried to cycle but he still needs the training wheels. So for his birthday, he said he wants a bicycle with the 2 small wheels.

Joy-Anne enjoyed looking at the flowers and saying, "flower".

We had some group photos before leaving the place.

The 2 most photogenic kids, Aaron and Chung Way are now Joseph's role models and buddies.



It was indeed a lovely weekend, with good food, great company at a fantastic location.


All the lovely children!



Update march 2012 -this bungalow is not open for booking by the general public. To my understanding, it is for pastors, missionaries, full-time Christian workers and the likes for the purpose of rest and retreat and thereafter open to church groups, cell groups for similar purpose.

11 comments:

  1. "where is photo of joe on swing?" asks yee teow

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoo... wat a coincidence Victoria also wants a bicycle for her birthday... haha... but tat's a surprise!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have so much fun there ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bungalow looks really lovely, and everyone looks like they have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BuffaFly, great pic! May i have the contact no of the beautiful OMF bungalow? Really looking forward to spend a great weekend with my family there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. malaysiantruly - can you let me know how I can contact you? I don't want to display the bungalow contact here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi BuffaFly, I tried google for the OMF bungalow contact but fail. Can you share the contact with me. I am planning a Holiday with my family in CG. Thanks, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce,

    I don't want to publish the bungalow contact here. Could you please leave a comment with your email address and I will email you the contact. The comment with your email add will NOT be published to protect your privacy as well.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi i was browsing thru for a bungalow to stay in cameron and found ur blog.. interesting and beautiful place.. pls do let me have their contact.. tq

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Connie, I don't want to display the contact here so you'll have to leave another comment, with your email add, and I'll reply to your email. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's another bungalow I had visited in Cameron Highlands.
    It's called Fair Haven Bungalow.
    This also an old but very well-kept bungalow between Tanah Rata and Brinchang.
    It's open for booking . You can email me : jjyoungmy@gmail.com
    if you need the contact or more details about this.

    ReplyDelete