Monday, October 07, 2013

Two, Three or more - managing by God's grace

I've often been asked how I manage 3 and soon-to-be-4 children single-handedly without a maid. Nope, I don't have a weekly cleaner either. And I still have a part-time paid job. 

To keep things short and sweet, I usually smile and simply answer "by God's grace!"

Truth is, I'm not in this alone. I have a very helpful and supportive husband. He does a lot around the house with no complains. 

Mornings are busy - cook breakfast, cook lunch, revision with Joseph, keep Isabel out of trouble, before I send the older 2 to school. Isabel loves the joyride on the school rounds.   
Joy says she has a servant to pull her bag.
Afternoons are quiet when I nap with Isabel and I'm enjoying this while it lasts....not for long. 

Then it's cooking a simple dinner, vacuum the house and checking on the kids' homework before some family time on the bed. 
It's manageable - you just have to close an eye to some toys here and there and focus on what's important. I do find myself nagging at the kids to pick up their stuff. I also get them to make it a habit of bringing their plates, bowls and cups to the sink instead of leaving it on the table. 

It's not easy but I believe it makes the older ones more independent and selfless. They learn to help around the house and set good examples for the younger ones. 

As to how I'm gonna manage with 4....well, I can only say I'll tell you next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment