Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Number 4 is here!

He's here...number 4 has arrived!
Meet Isaac.... our promised child.


Isaac arrived at 9.49am on 23 October 2013, (39 weeks gestation) weighing 3.17kg after a very relatively easy labour. 

I woke up at 5am that morning with mildly-painful contractions. The blood-tinged mucus plug confirmed that this was D-Day! I took a shower, washed my hair while waiting for my mum to come over. The contractions were not very painful so I took my own sweet time since the children were still sleeping. 

By 8am, I felt the contractions were getting more frequent even though the pain was still pretty mild. At 5 minutes apart, I did not want to risk giving birth in the house or car and so we made our way to the hospital, arriving at 8.20am. 

Strolling into the labour ward, I looked pretty comfortable so the nurses were cool as well until they asked if this was my first baby and I shook my head and told her this was my fourth. Then they started to move faster. 

The midwife checked me and found me already 5cm dilated. At 9am, my gynae came and said I was already 7.5cm dilated. I was surprised that things were progressing so fast. The pain was still very bearable. 

At 9.35am, I suddenly had a very painful contraction and felt a very strong urge to push. Daaling called for the midwife who said I was already fully dilated. My gynae appeared soon after and baby Isaac arrived at 9.49am.  
I thank God for a relatively easy labour, which I attribute to my taking Herbalife throughout my pregnancy. I strongly believe it kept my body in tiptop shape. Exercise and keeping active also helped. I still ran on my treadmill until I was 6 months pregnant. Thereafter I did light exercises and the kids kept me active. 

Because I had no episiotomy, recovery was very fast. I was very mobile from the next day. On the 6th day, I drove myself and Isaac to the paediatrician to check on his jaundice. Life and house chores go on as normal. Laundry, cleaning, washing. I did abstain from washing my hair for one whole week. In the second week, I washed my hair twice - with the herbal water. 

The past 3 weeks have been extremely tiring and sleep-deprived. While Joseph and Joy-Anne have been very helpful and loving towards their new baby brother, Isabel is taking a little longer to warm up to him.

I finally feel our family is complete. There is no more baby-urge. Maternity clothes are already packed up and ready to be shipped out.
Things are tough now but I know that this is temporary and easier times will soon dawn.

3 comments:

  1. I read your post about Herbalife. Can you tell me more about it? I am really interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herbalife is about nutrition. Some ppl take it as meal replacement to lose weight. Others take it as supplement to gain weight. Or you can just take for balanced nutrition and good health. It can also be a source of financial income for you. Personally, we're rather slack with the biz part. Just take for nutrition. All older 3 also take to supplement bfast evey morning.

      Delete
  2. I put on 14 kg for each of my previous pregnancies. The babies weighed 3.44kg, 3.23kg and 3.05kg respectively. This round, I put on only 8.5kg. Baby weighed 3.17kg. So weight gain does not mean big baby. And big baby not necessarily good. I'm glad mine was just right so no need to cut.

    ReplyDelete