Monday, November 10, 2008

Joe's busy Monday

Yesterday, we stayed home to recover from the tiring Sunday we had. Joe kept himself busy at home.
First....I learnt a new thing. Did you know that you can turn the entire computer screen upside down? Yup! Even the mouse cursor works upside down i.e. if you move the mouse up, the cursor goes down and vice versa. Well....I found out about this function (although I wonder who on earth would need to view it upside down) when Joseph pressed some buttons and poof! the whole screen went upside down.
I called daalin who had to ask his student for help and we learnt that to fix the problem, you press Ctrl + Alt + the up arrow button. To make it upside down, you press Ctrl + Alt + the down arrow button. Go have fun!
Then, Joe broke my chair. I was sitting on it while feeding Joy-Anne at the computer and Joseph was climbing behind me when suddenly I heard this loud thud and turned around to see the backrest on the floor.


Next up, we build 'outer space' together! Joseph borrowed a book from Children's Church library. So I read the book for him and when we got to this page...
...before I said anything, he pointed to Saturn and said, "this is Saturn". Needless to say, I was surprised! I then asked him how he knew and he said, "yah....from Little Einstein!"
I guess tv ain't all bad.
So I took out Joy-Anne's baby mobile, took out all the soft toys and replaced it with ping pong balls on string. I made Saturn's rings out of cardboard.
I also made him a simple rocket using more cardboard. He enjoyed it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment