Thursday, November 06, 2014

November celebrations

November started with celebrating Daaling's birthday on 1st November.

We had a very simple dinner at Bofe in SS2. 

I secretly made a Ribena marble cheesecake and sent it to the restaurant a day before so Daaling was pleasantly surprised when the cake was brought out after we ordered our food.

Food was good and prices decent. Location is very convenient and parking is so easy. We parked right outside the cafe.
soft shell crab with salted egg yolk sauce pasta
(this is not on the menu and you have to ask for it)

something aglio olio
 Joseph totally loved this Chicken Katsu dish and said it tastes better than KFC!
Chicken Katsu
The next day being our 12th Wedding Anniversary, Daaling and I went for a one-night staycation at Shangri-La Putrajaya. We took Isaac along since he's still breastfeeding and I need him more than he needs me. We left the older 3 with a church friend.

This was our second visit to Shangri-La Putrajaya this year alone. I must say we really like the place. It's very VERY quiet and there's an expanse of greenery. We arrived at about 12.30pm and were promptly checked-in. Our room was ready and they had already set-up a cot for Isaac plus provided baby toiletries.

We made our way to Palm Hill Cafe first for lunch.
complimentary warm bread rolls with butter
 Daaling had the beef burger...

 ...while I opted for the herb crusted seabass with herb butter.

For dessert we had the warm chocolate cake...

...and tiramisu. This wasn't very good. I've had way better ones.

We had a 50% discount off total bill with Daaling's Maybank Amex card and the bill came to about RM68. Pretty decent considering the ambience. 

Our park-view deluxe room was clean and comfy as expected. Isaac thoroughly enjoyed jumping on the bed.

Our room booking did not come with breakfast. It was a 15% discount off the best available rate with Daaling's credit card. But the very nice guy at check-in noticed that it was Daaling's birthday the day before and very kindly gave us breakfast. How nice!

porridge with a side of smoked salmon and fish fingers

I love figs and rarely see them offered at buffets
 A few days later, we celebrated Isabel's birthday on 5th November. My princess is 3 years old!
 I was there when she woke up in the morning and I started singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She then asked me, "Three candles?"

Yes my dear....you get three candles on your cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment