Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Westin KL getaway

Daalin and I spent one night at the Westin KL - my first night away from Isabel. While heavy hearted to leave her, I did feel it would be good for our marriage to spend some time away. So we parked Joe and Joy in Seremban with Ah Mah, Ah Kong and in the company of Brandon and Mabel and with Isabel safe at home in Nana's good hands, we headed off for our pre-10th anniversary honeymoon.

This is their renown signature Heavenly Bed. Unfortunately, I didn't have very heavenly sleep because I was engorged all night. But I was rather lazy to get up to pump. After all I was hoping to sleep all through the night! Nevertheless, Daalin slept very well.

I missed Isabel more than she missed me.

condoms for RM15 in case you forgot to pack...


very nice white tea with aloe toiletries and cute leaf-shaped soap
We had good workouts at the Westin Workout (it's not called a gym) - once on Monday evening before dinner and once on Tuesday morning before breakfast.

For dinner on Monday, we used our Starwood Privilege RM200 voucher. So we paid the balance of only RM27.35. The variety was not as elaborate as I would expect for a RM98++ per head buffet but we were still very full.

I don't normally go for carbs but I miss the very good pastas in Melbourne. This was pretty decent.

Breakfast the next morning was much better. I was impressed with the selection...

fresh juices - can be juiced on the spot as well

selection of sandwiches - toasted to your liking

doughnuts and pastries of every kind

a real honeycomb!
We thought that breakfast was not included in the complimentary room and were prepared to pay the RM68++ (50% discount with our Starwood privilege card) but after we informed the lady in charge that breakfast was not included, she came back and told us that it was included and we did not have to pay anything.
So we said thank you and ate very happily.

Oh and because we were staying at The Westin, I made my first ever visit to Pavillion KL across the road. My conclusion - I don't need it. It's wayyyyyy too atas with names I can't pronounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment