Wednesday, April 18, 2007

two years of love, life and laughter

Joe turned 2 on Saturday 14th April 2007. I reflected and wrote a 'letter' to him in the journal that I've been keeping since the day I found myself pregnant with him, way back in August 2004. It has been 2 wonderful years filled with lots of laughter and smiles, tears and fears, pee, poo and puke as well. When I look at how he's grown and all the things he has learnt, I feel so grateful to God for giving me this privilege of experiencing motherhood. I think of all the many women who yearn for a child but are barren and I'm so thankful.

Every birthday should be celebrated. Life is to be celebrated. Joe got 3 cakes in all this year. We had another one at cell group on Friday 13th, but no pictures coz the camera battery kaput-ed.
On Sunday 15th April, my in-laws drove up from Seremban for dinner, and to celebrate Joe's birthday. He's one blessed boy! We got him this cake, made by a friend who's business, Cakes for Kicks is run from home. It cost RM70 and I got to eat the extra side cut-outs too.
Joe didn't care about the shape or the deco or the taste of the cake. He was just eager to light and blow the candles.
Joe is at an age where he's like a sponge. And a parrot. He learns everything we teach and says it back to us. My mother taught him this on Monday night...


mummy : Can a rocking chair take you to heaven?

Joe : Cannottttt


mummy : Can a rocket take you to heaven?

Joe : cannottttt


mummy : Can Barney take you to heaven?

Joe : cannotttttttt


mummy : Who can take you to heaven?

Joe : Jesussssss!!!!

Ahh....I love this boy!

1 comment:

  1. the cake was lovely! nice! thank you!

    ReplyDelete