Saturday, September 16, 2006

In transtition

It's been a while since I updated this blog. The reason being I no longer have unlimited broadband connection and the luxury of time. Having served my compulsory service of 3-years with the civil service, I quit. I now work 2 days a week at a private practice clinic in PJ. Joe went to school. He had a bad traumatic start. After the first day, he clung to me like a koala on a eucalyptus tree, refusing to let go even when Edwin wanted to carry him. Suddenly "mama" became his favourite word. He became so fearful that I would leave him. So unlike the confident happy boy he was. We persisted for 3 more days. But I couldn't bring myself to torture him further so we have spoken to his teachers and decided to defer his going to school till next May at least. No more school for now. At least I can concentrate at work, knowing he's happy at home with his Nana.

This was Joe getting ready for first day of school.

Joe and his daddy


Yesterday, Joseph turned exactly 17 months.

He's grown so much. At 12.2kg and 83 cm in height, he is 3.5 times heavier and 60% longer than at birth. I made a count of all the words he can say and counted almost 50.

Ball

Bob (the tomato from Veggietales - when he wants to watch the show)

"boh" (don't have in hokkien)

boo

chiak (kinda like boo but in hokkien...I think)

hand

hair

head

hat

arm

knee

foot

eyes

fat (he pats his tummy and says "fat fat")

nat (his reply when asked "what's your friend's name?")

papa

mama

tweety

how (his response when he sees a puddle of pee on the bed/floor)

mole (his reply when asked "wat does kong kong have?")

nana

"ar" (meaning Car)

up

off

nen nen

yee

there

fish

duck

more

ku

mum mum

puh (when someone farts)

mouth

"C"

egg

oat

cheese

walk

door

key

moon

juice

push

no

sit

six

two

"mai" (don't want in hokkien)

I might have missed a few in my count. But he keeps me amazed as he learns new words everyday. Indeed, wonderfully made!

No comments:

Post a Comment