Monday, March 06, 2006

first fall


Yesterday Joseph fell for the first time in his life. He fell off the bed. My heart fell out the window. I had just finished washing his bum. Put him down on the bed...one hand trying to hang on to him while he turned around and tried to scurry off as he often did....one hand trying to dry his bum with a towel...another hand trying to get the cream to apply on his bum.
Wait a minute....I only have 2 hands. That must be how he fell. I let go of him for a split second. He crawled to the edge of the bed with lightning speed, dived over the bolster that was at the edge and landed head first on the floor, his legs following like a somersault. Usually, this smart little baby stops at the edge of the bed, knowing that he's not supposed to go over. But yesterday, the bolster was blocking his view and my poor little baby innocently and trustingly dived over as he always liked to do.
He cried so loudly! I rushed over, scooped him up in my arms and tried to comfort him. After crying for what seemed like eternity, he smiled at my funny face and giggled. I checked his head thoroughly. Tested his intelligence by asking him to do all the things he usually does. He still knew how to high 5. I was relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment