Friday, February 17, 2006

huff puff huff puff

10 minutes on a treadmill
30 minutes on stretching machines
10 minutes on a ski machine
Hardly worked up a sweat.
So my kiasu-ness drove me to go to California Fitness on a Friday afternoon when I could have been sleeping during my extra-long lunch break. After all, I had a 10-day VIP pass made out in my name. And I have this post-pregnancy layer of flab around my midriff which refuses to go away no matter how much exercise I do. Thus far, my exercise is limited to 'dancing' with Joseph while trying to put him to sleep and shopping with Joseph strapped to me in a sarong sling. This is by no means a walk in the park since Joseph weighs a hefty 10.5kg. That's 500gm more than a huge sack of rice. I realize he's not going to get any lighter and I should try to train him to fall asleep on his own in his cot instead of being rocked to sleep. But it's latter is a much more peaceful way.
So for now, it's 'dancing' for exercise. That's my 2006 aspiration - exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment