Monday, January 21, 2008

Saturday, 19 January 2008.

It’s 11.30pm and both my children are finally asleep. Yup…2 kids! It’s our first night home and I’m still trying to let it all sink in. I look at both of them peacefully asleep and feel so blessed!

Sunday, 20 January 2008.

Not going to church today for obvious reasons. My butt is still sore. It’s the same kind of sore after having minor oral surgery to remove an impacted wisdom tooth except that with the tooth, you can avoid eating on that particular side. But I’ve only got one butt! I hope it gets better in the next couple of days.

Taking care of Joy-Anne is so far a breeze compared with Joe as a newborn. She’s a pig baby and according to a friend who also had a pig baby last July, they eat and sleep a lot. Thus far, it’s kinda true for me. Joy-Anne feeds for about 30minutes and then sleeps for the next 3-4 hours. She doesn’t need to be rocked to sleep. No dancing needed.

Milk came in today. What a relief. But I’ve yet to poo since I went to the hospital on Friday morning. I literally feel full of s**t. Now I’m a very constipated milking cow with a sore butt!

Monday, 21 January 2008.

Just when I said Joy-Anne was an easy baby, she gave me one rough night. I hardly slept a wink all of last night. Well, maybe 40winks sometime between 3.30-4.30am. Firstly, my butt still hurt. Moving around is mighty painful. Secondly, my milk suddenly came in and my boobs became hard and painful. Joy-Anne’s sucking was more like sucking on a pacifier and so she didn’t properly drain all the milk. But she kept on wanting to suckle. And thirdly, I had a splitting headache because of tiredness. So between the buttache, breastache and headache, plus a baby stuck to my breast and having to pat Joe (who woke up at 4.30am demanding that I take off his diaper and then pat him) all at the same time, I felt like crap by the time morning dawned. It also didn’t help that the fan was creaking and my head throbbed with each creak it made.

In desperation, I popped 2 paracetamols at 8am and soon felt much better. I also finally poo-ed (yay!!!!) with the help of a piece of soap (I shall not go into all the gross details) and that certainly helps.

Today, she spent most of the day sleeping again. I managed to get a nap in the morning and again in the afternoon when Joe also napped. Feel much better now. Joe has gone to the park with Edwin to feed the fishes in the lake. Father-son time!

When my friends had babies, I always encouraged them that things will get better as baby grows. I’m reminded of that myself. The first week is usually the worst time. Pain here there and everywhere, too much ginger, and there’s no track of time. I’m just trying to enjoy the moment while also looking forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment