Tuesday, January 30, 2007

a treat at The Saujana

I am 29 years old today. Yes...just one year away from the big 3-0.
As a birthday treat, my husband took me for a 1-night getaway at the 5-star The Saujana. The resort is currently having a promotion of 50% off room rates for weekend stays. We decided to pamper ourselves and opted for a deluxe Club room. There was, of course, a nice comfy King-sized bed.


It had a walk-in closet, with bathrobes and slippers.


And a nice spacious bathroom which has a window looking out at the sitting area.

The toilet flush is also so "canggih". You press this thing on the wall.

The great thing about staying in a Club room is that you get access to the Club Lounge which serves cocktails and snacks in the evening. Snacks turned out to be more than a satisfying dinner. I particularly loved the desserts...

Those chocolate-covered cream puff thingy and strawberries were lip-smacking delicious. I lost count of how many I ate. After filling our tummies with all that fattening food, we went for a walk around the resort gardens. The lake and fountain looked really pretty with all the lights.

When we got back to our room, we found the bed nicely made with a sweet flower on the pillow.

The next morning, we went to the Suria Cafe for a hearty breakfast. I fell in love with the pancake with blueberries and fresh cream. Unfortunately I didn't have room in my tummy for a second helping after tasting just about everything else. Breakfast was delightful except for when my husband found a small stone (about 0.5 X 1.0 cm) in his porridge. When we showed it to a staff who seemed to be the supervisor, he was just plain cool. No apology was offered.

Later we returned to the Club Lounge where we spent the morning reading newspapers and sipping on fruit juices and coffee and tea.

Overall it was a pleasant stay for RM315++. The staff were certainly a smiley lot. My few grouses are the non-working bidet, and floor lamp in my room, and the torn duvet cover. Certainly not acceptable for a 5star resort with such a prestigious reputation. Of course the stone in the porridge was even more unacceptable. Had my husband cracked his tooth on the stone, treatment could cost anything from RM2000-RM7000 or more.

I suppose we could just turn a blind eye and forgive the resort if we are to consider coming back for our annual honeymoon. After all I did enjoy the abundant delicious food. And between lazing in bed, swimming and working out in the gym, I found myself wanting to stay longer because there was just so much to do. I didn't even have time to explore the grounds on the FOC bicycles or explore the lake in the paddle boats.

This is our second time at The Saujana and it just gets better.

So if you're looking for a quiet scenic place for a weekend getaway without having to travel too far, head on down to The Saujana for a relaxing time of peace, quiet and tonnes of lovely food.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! Apologies from our local service staff? In a blue moon =)

    ReplyDelete