Wednesday, May 10, 2006

walk walk walk


Joseph has started walking. He gets more confident with each passing day. A week ago, he looked more like a drunk penguin, falling to his bum after a few steps. Now he's really walking and I'm starting to miss his crawling days because it was also a real joy to see him dashing across the hall and rooms on all fours. I take my eyes off him for a split second and he's out of the room. And then I find him comfortably seated on the chair at the dining table. I'm amazed at how quick he is at making his way out of the room and on to the chair without falling.
He doesn't want to stay in his playpen. There's not enough room in there for him. The entire house is his playpen. He opens cupboards, pulls out drawers, climbs on chairs and the table, whacks my computer keyboard... Just last week he trapped his own fingers as he shut a drawer. He looked at me with a pathetically sad face and whimpered. No crying, no tears. I gave him a stern "I-told-you-not-to-play-with-the-drawers" look before I released his chubby fingers from the clutch of the drawer. Sigh...seems to me he's got 'thick skin'.
2 weeks ago when we took him for his 3rd MMR jab, he surprised us (the paediatrician included) when he smiled instead of cry. Not even a teeny weeny whimper. No sign of pain. Got to go buy a cane soon. My sister-in-law tells me there's a shop in PJ Old Town that sells 3 for RM1. That'll be one for the house, one for the car, and one as a spare....

No comments:

Post a Comment