Thursday, November 13, 2008

The busy mum's guide to losing post-natal flab

1. Breastfeed


I won't go into the details of the numerous benefits that far outweigh the downside of droppy breasts, sleepless nights and not being able to go on long vacation. You can find all that information via google. It's great to burn calories while just sitting and bonding with my cute baby (while she digs her fingers into my mouth, my nose, pulls my hair and kicks the chair/table)


2. Carry baby in a sling while shopping

Since there's no time to lift weights at the gym, this is the next best thing. I get to burn calories, hold her close, smell her and develop muscles all at the same time.



3. Rock baby to sleep

Do this at every opportunity you get. Sarongs are known to be dangerous. By rocking baby to sleep, you get to practise your singing, burn calories, develop muscles and get close to baby.



4. Do mini-workouts

I sometimes put baby on the bed and do push-ups while talking to her. Then I make her 'fly' by lying on my back with her on my legs and I do sit ups. At other times, I do some exercises on the trampoline or use the pilates band while talking to baby who is safe in the playpen.


5. Park further to walk more.
It's 6 levels from where I park the car in P2 all the way up to the 2nd floor where I work. (There's P2, P1, LG, G, 1 and 2) Instead of taking the elevator, I walk through the mall using the escalator. I also walk as much as I can while doing grocery shopping during lunch hour.


6. Eat healthy
One makcik told me that bayam helps to increase breast milk production. Even if it doesn't, it does have a lot of iron and helps ease the morning big business ritual.

This morning, I stepped on the scales (I do this every morning after big business) and for the first time in years, my weight dipped below 48kg. Yup....the digital scale showed 47.9kg. Now if only I could invert this everted belly button....

No comments:

Post a Comment